When you have joined the Group as an Associate Member, the Training Officer will contact you to register you for the next available induction course. This is the gateway to your in-car training.
The induction course is an all-day event normally held on a Saturday. It includes presentations on various key aspects of Roadcraft, an opportunity to experience a taster session with a tutor and a practical demonstration from the tutor of how advanced driving techniques are used.
Induction Day StructureA typical programme for the induction day will include
- Introducing Roadcraft’s System of Car Control
- Initial taster drive with a tutor
- Introducing Positioning and Cornering
- Introducing Commentary
- Demonstration drive by tutors
- Information about the Thames Valley Group
- Details about the remainder of your training