We hope you enjoyed last weeks ‘Brainteaser‘ introduction to our new weekly quiz. You will find the answers at the bottom of this page.
This week we are beginning our eight-week club quiz, combining 10 questions to test both your Highway Code and Roadcraft knowledge. We hope you have fun tackling the questions and also find it a great way to revise or keep your knowledge up-to-date.
The answers to each weeks quiz will be pubished with the following weeks questions.
Here are the 10 questions for Week 1.
- When you come across a zebra crossing with a central island in the middle how should you approach it?
- In England and Wales the maximum breath alcohol level per 100 millilitres is what?
- What are the law references relating to towing cited in the H/C?
- For what purpose does the H/C suggest that you use an arm signal?
- In stationary queues of traffic drivers should apply the parking brake once following traffic has stopped. Why?
- What element of the system of car control is continuously in use?
- What is the order of the remaining phases of the system?
- What should you do if the information changes?
- In a car with an automatic gearbox, can we ignore the gear phase?
- What range of signals are available to you? Roadcraft identifies eight.
Answers to last weeks brainteasers
- Intolerance ceases – Acceleration sense
- Eighty who ached – The Highway Code
- Straight cliff – Traffic lights
- A ford cart – Roadcraft
- Bond hover car – Chevron board
- Ace railway guard – Dual carriageway
- No grave kit – Overtaking
- Titanic piano – Anticipation
- Endure rest – Understeer
- Monster flycatchers too – The SYSTEM of Car Control